Principle of dressing replacement
Principle of transparent IV dressing replacement
1. Aseptic technique is necessary for dressing replacement.
2. It is recommended to use a sterile transparent film for fixation during puncture.
3. The transparent film should be replaced 24 hours after the catheter is placed.
4. The integrity of puncture point and surrounding skin should be observed daily.
5. The sterile transparent IV dressing should be replaced at least every 7 days.
6. Sterile gauze dressing should be replaced at least every 2 days.
7. The dressing should be replaced in time in case of exudation and blood oozing at the puncture site.
8. The time of dressing change should be clearly recorded on all transparent films.